Monday, January 28, 2013

Little Late Night E.L.F. Haul :D

Last week I was hanging with my friends, Lauren and Vinny, and we decided to go to the grocery store and get some late night snacks. (We were planning on staying up all night playing Risk and Yu-Gi-Oh.) While there I stopped at the E.L.F. trolley and I decided to pick up these goodies for Lauren and I!

I picked up:
Two Natural Lash kits in Black
Two eyeshadow quads in Luxe and I can't remember the name of the 2nd one pictured and it's not on their website anymore :/
Defining Eye Brush
Concealer Brush
Each of the products I bought was $1 though they have a much larger range.The most expensive it gets is $3 which is still a steal! I have had several E.L.F. products and they are really hit and miss but they're so cheap I try everything because you never know if it's going to be awesome or not! And it's only $1-3 so if its a bad product I didn't waste a ton of money on it!
I have had the E.L.F. lashes before and the lashes are nice, not the best quality, but the band isn't thick and they are easy to apply. The downfall of these is the "glue" they include. It does absolutely nothing, it doesn't dry, it isn't sticky, its useless. So if you wanna load up on cheap lashes and have Duo lash glue at home this would be a good option. I had some NYX lash glue at home I was going to use with these, to my surprise it was completely dried out so I'm saving these for a rainy day haha.
  
I got two eyeshadow quads, one for me and one for Lauren. I have never tried E.L.F. eyeshadow before and I have been spoiled by Urban Decay, MAC, and Sugarpill so I wasn't sure I'd like these. I got the Luxe quad for me and it is beautiful! Its shimmery and gorgeous, they are a little sheerer applied than swatched but when I used this it gave me a very natural look! The garnet color in there was a nice pop of color with the otherwise neutral tones. 
This is the look I did with my quad. I put the lightest color on the inner corner and as a brow highlight, the red all over my lid, the light brown in the crease blended out, and the grey/brown on the lower lash line. Added some winged eyeliner, mascara, and done! Its a super easy look :)

The second eye quad, which I have named it that shall not be named, was along the same lines of the one I got. Neutral toned with a pop of color. The lilac color in this quad was very sheer but over an eyeshadow base it looked beautiful blended out with the browns. Lauren also has green eyes so this was beautiful on her! (Though I didn't think to take a picture of the makeup I did :/)

I have a few E.L.F. brushes in my collection, they are pretty good for the price, though the $1 ones shed a TON. I wanted the concealer brush for my eye area, since the brush is really small, and I got the defining eye brush on a whim. The concealer brush is great but the defining eye brush is not very dense and sheds like a beast!

All in all I'm happy with the purchase, E.L.F. is great for someone on a budget since they have some great products that are super inexpensive!

xoxo
-Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment