Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Birchbox January 2013



My Birchbox for this month

 fresh. Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream- I got two packets of this so I had my friend come over to try it with me. We did a face scrub and mask before we used this so our skin was fresh and clean. This soaked in really well and really did leave my skin feeling moisturized. It also smelled like cucumbers so it really felt like a spa day! I can't say through one use if this was life changing or amazing, but it was nice and it did its job.

 Harvey Prince Skinny Chic- I have received another Harvey Prince perfume in a previous Birchbox (Eau Flirt) and LOVED it. So I had high expectations for this one. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting but I really did like it! It has notes of apple, mint, lotus blossom, grapefruit, white cedar wood, and amber. It's very light but fragrant. Also the sample was a great size. Usually you get the vials or a spray bottle. This one was a spray bottle but it was twice the size of any other perfume sample I've gotten! So this will last me a little while!

Alessandro Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon- I'll just start out by saying I LOATHE this nail polish. It's ugly, the polish is thick and weird to put on. I wish they would have given me ANY color but this one. It's like a darker, washed out cornflower blue. I will never wear this and I feel it was a total waste in my Birchbox. The bottle looks cheap and I just don't like anything about it save the fact it dries very quickly, which is nice.
Sorry for the state of my nail, I know its horrible haha. But this is the color I got. It's a little darker in person, the flash washed it out a bit. Not that it matters much...its hideous...

theBalm Put A Lid On It Eye Primer- This is a whole other beast to tackle. I'll be making a separate blog post about that and insert the link later.

 Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum- I've gotten this as a sample from Sephora and loved it. You have to be careful not to use too much or your hair gets really oily and gross. As far as hair serums/oils go I really prefer Shu Uemura's Art of Hair Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil. I received a sample of that in my first Birchbox and FELL IN LOVE. It's rather expensive though ($68) so I have yet to buy it but one day it shall be mine, oh yes, it shall be mine! Back to Ojon though, this is a great, cheaper alternative to the Shu Uemura product!

Overall this was a pretty good Birchbox. Again, I really wish I would have gotten a different color polish, but 4/5 is pretty good I think. :)


xoxo
-Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment