Friday, December 7, 2012

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Pro Pics Set Review

Pro Picks Lip Tar Set (brush not pictured)
From left: Stalker, Melange, Grandma, Vintage, Pretty Boy


REALLY crappy swatches! Same order as above.


OCC lip brush included with set



It was such an ordeal getting this set let me tell you! I ordered this on Black Friday with my other Sephora items and when it arrived I had two Melange's and no Vintage. So I called Sephora to ask about returns and they said it takes 2-3 weeks to process! I never really complain to customer service people, but I spend so much money there I think I deserve the process to move a little faster. So she was really nice and gave me an in store credit and reordered it for me! Needless to say it's finally here!

I have heard so much hype about these products for years from beauty guru's and makeup artists I figured they had to be good. They have such an amazing color range, even some really odd ones so you can mix and make your own color. I had 4 lip tars in my shopping list on Sephora's website and then I found this little gem of a set. All the colors I had on my shopping list were in here! (Melange was the only one that wasn't.) I was so excited to finally have it last night before I took pictures of everything I tried all of them on one after the other (thus why the brush is dirty haha) And I have to say they are all totally and utterly amazing. Everyone is right, the hype is more than deserved.

Heres what came in the set:
Stalker- true blue based red
Melange- terracotta neutral
Grandma- classic coral
Vintage- deep burgundy
Pretty Boy- super rich fuchsia

I love all the colors. The only one I'm going to have to work with is Melange. I'm SUPER pale and this is supposed to be a neutral color but its a bit too dark for me. I was most excited about Vintage and Pretty Boy. I look best in deeper reds and I love hot pink lips. I was a bit scared when I put a dot of Vintage on the brush, it looked dark brown! But once I got it on it really looked like a vintage red lipstick. And Pretty Boy, don't even get me started on that beauty! Super bright pink, true to color, looks AMAZING. I love orange makeup for some reason, I just think it looks good on me since I'm so pale. So Grandma, being a coral, looked fantastic on me. It went really well with my skin tone and is a beautiful color. Stalker is a bright true red, I usually don't look good in those but since this one applied evenly and smoothly it looked really nice. I think I'm going to try wearing Vintage and Stalker together, they seem like they would work well together!

I have always had a problem with lipsticks because I have really dry, flaky lips no matter how much lip balm I put on. So its always a concern of mine, especially with red lipstick, that the lipstick is going to look bad and flake off because of my lips. So I was worried the same thing would happen with these....BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!! Right when I put Pretty Boy on (Yes I started with the bright pink!!) my lips smoothed out. They didn't look dry and flaky at all! It was like a lip miracle. And on top of that they have this nice minty smell to them, not super important, but nice.

They are all super pigmented and true to their color descriptions. You need only the tiniest amount, a dot on the top of your brush, to cover your lips. Since you only need the tiniest bit to cover your lips these will last you SO long. I honestly am going to give up regular lipstick for these. They are one of the best beauty purchases I have ever made.

 The brush was also a nice added bonus, its really nice, super soft, not pokey and applies beautifully. It's a very well made brush.

Lip tars, individually, go for $16, cheaper than most lipsticks of equal quality and you get so much more product and if you buy them from Sephora you get a mini lip brush with each one! This set was $49 at Sephora (Sephora-OCC). Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics also sells air brush foundation, blush, bronzer, nail polish, pigments, glitter, brushes, etc. They are also 100% vegan and cruelty free! I love when companies are conscious of things like that. All in all this is an AMAZING makeup brand and I will be buying more from them in the future!

Have fun and be yourself
-Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment